Leech Lake Ice Fishing Guides, Lodging & Ice Houses
As ice has capped Leech Lake and we have begun to see people out ice fishing on Leech Lake where it gets thicker earlier around Pine and Stoney points, we are reminded that not everyone has the privilege of year round residence on Leech Lake. Fortunately the area has several great lodging options open year round, but more importantly some offer specialized Ice Fishing packages with guides and all, which can mean the difference between an average day on the ice (which visitors tell us is amazing), and an absolutely awesome day ice fishing that will make Leech Lake your lifelong ice fishing destination. This year we predict an extremely strong Walleye season compared to years past, based on the trends we have seen you will be seeing bigger walleye and more pulls than ever before. So book early and come prepared to catch big!
Leech Lake Ice Fishing Lodging, Guide & Ice House Packages
- Bridley’s Harbor – Well known for their perch ice fishing experience Brindley’s offers guided Leech Lake ice fishing packages all winter. As part of the guided ice fishing package anglers get access to heated and lighted 8 hole ice houses, portable shelters, and lodging at one of 5 winterized cabins. Their Leech lake Ice Fishing packages go quick so book quickly if you plan to get on the ice with them and their experienced guides.
- Trapper’s Landing – Offers a Pro Shop Ice Fishing package which gives their guests free use of professional grade ice fishing gear as part of a lakeside cabin rental. This includes an underwater camera to help you find fish with ease, live bait and much more!
- Adventure North Resort - Gives guests a variety of options, including fully outfitted Leech Lake ice fishing packages which include a stay at one of 6 cabins and custom built heated and lighted ice houses. They also offer guests the ability to rent a cabin and bring their own ice house, with easy lake access and ice house transportation. Ice fish in comfort at Adventure North Resort.
- Big Rock Resort – Has over half a dozen Leech Lake cabins available all winter and offers guests the ability to rent an ice house or bring their own. Guests can also ensure an awesome ice fishing experience on Leech with Big Rock Resorts in house pro guide Chuck Emery. Get a cabin today.
- The Shores at Pine Point - Get extremely easy access to Leech Lake and access to ice house rentals. Located centrally on Pine Point you will have easy access to Traders Bay, Sucker Bay, and Walker Bay. So be prepared for a wide variety of ice fishing options. Book a trip today.
- Oak Point Resort – Enjoy the unique experience of spear fishing through the ice with Oak Points specially designed spear houses, which double as Ice Houses. With ten ice houses, plowed ice roads and lakeside cabins, you are sure to have an amazing Leech Lake ice fishing trip here.
- Hiawatha Beach – With a large lodge open year round and fish house rentals available to guests you will be ready to start ice fishing as soon as you arrive. Located on Leech Lakes Steamboat Bay you also get a sheltered location so fishing without an ice house can be done in comfort.
- Steamboat Bay - Another great option for those that want to focus on Perch Steamboat bay Resort offers ice house rentals, easy water access, winterized cabins, and enough space for you to bring your own ice house, take a look at their options.
Winter Lodging Options
Need more lodging options? While these options don’t offer ice houses or ice fishing packages they still offer extremely easy access to the lake and great options for those who have all their own gear or know the lake well.
We hope this guide ensures you have a great time out on the ice this winter. Leech Lake ice fishing offers some of the most diverse options for ice fishing in Minnesota. With a truly wide variety of fish species and amazing guide and lodging options you will not leave Leech Lake without having an amazing ice fishing experience. Use our weekly fishing report to help plan your next Minnesota ice fishing adventure. See you on the ice!